LESSON 9 WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO SCOTTO'S?
你想去斯哥图餐馆吗
Susan: Are you going to take the job in Denver?
苏珊: 你会接受丹佛的工作吗?
John: I don't know.
约翰: 我不知道。
Susan: Don't go.
苏珊: 别去了。
John: I can't decide. First I want to go. Then I don't.
约翰: 我学决定不下来, 开始我想去, 后来又不想了。
Susan: You look sad.
苏珊: 你看起来有些忧伤。
John: I don't want to leave you, but I want the job. I'm unhappy at WEFL, Susan. 约翰: 我不想离开你, 但我想做那个工作, 我在WEFL 不开心, 苏珊。
Susan: You're nervous.
苏珊: 你很焦虑不安。
John: Yes. This is making me very nervous.
约翰: 是的, 这件事使我非常焦虑不安。
Susan: Please don't smoke, John. It's bad for you.
苏珊: 别抽烟了, 约翰, 这对你不好。
John: I'd like to go out tonight. Would you like to go out with me?
约翰: 我今晚想去外边, 你想跟我一起去吗?
Susan: I'd love to. Where would you like to go?
苏珊: 非常乐意, 你想去哪儿?
John: I don't know. I don't want to stay home tonight.
约翰: 我不知道。我今晚不想呆在家里。
Susan: Don't be angry.
苏珊: 别生气。
John: I'm not angry. I'm tired.
约翰: 我不是生气, 我有点儿累了。
Susan: Then stay home.
苏珊: 那就呆在家里吧。
John: I don't want to stay home. I'd like to go out.
约翰: 我不想呆在家里, 我想出去。
Susan: I'm sorry.
苏珊: 对不起。
John: I'm sorry too. Go. Don't go. I can't decide. . . What would you really like to do?
约翰: 我也很抱歉。去, 还是不去, 我决定不下来, 你到底想做什么?
Susan: I'd like to go with you, John. And I'd like to stop at WEFL on the way. 苏珊: 我想和你一起出去, 约翰。路上顺便去趟WEFL。
John: Don't work tonight.
约翰: 今晚别工作了。
Susan: I won't. I left my purse in Rita's room.
苏珊: 不工作了, 我把钱夹忘在丽塔屋里了。
John: Would you like to have dinner with me first and then get your purse?
约翰; 先跟我去吃饭, 然后去拿钱夹, 好吗?
Susan: I'd like to have dinner. But first I'd like to find my purse. I'll meet you.
苏珊: 我想吃饭, 但首先我想去找我的钱夹。我会去见你的。
John: Great. What kind of food would you like?
约翰: 那太好了, 你想吃什么?
Susan: I'd like Italian food.
苏珊: 我想吃意大利菜。
John: OK. I know a great Italian restaurant. Would you like to go to Scotto's?
约翰: 好。我知道一家很好的意大利餐馆, 你想去斯哥图吗?
Susan: OK. How do I get there?
苏珊: 好啊, 我怎么去?
John: When you leave the station, go to the third traffic light and then make a right on Gilpin.
约翰: 你离开电视台后走到第三个红绿灯处, 然后在盖尔品向右转。
Susan: How do you spell that?
苏珊: 盖尔品怎么拼?
John: G-i-l-p-i-n. Then follow the sings to the Stamford Mall. 约翰:G-i-l-p-i-n, 然后按照指示牌找到斯坦福德商场。
Susan: How far is it?
苏珊: 有多远?
John: It's two miles from the station.
约翰: 离电视台两英里。
Susan: OK. Thanks.
苏珊: 好的, 谢谢!
John: Great.
约翰: 太好了。
Susan: See you later. And don't smoke.
苏珊: 回头见, 别吸烟了。
John: Right.
约翰: 好的。
Mike: Linda. What's happening?
迈克: 琳达, 怎么了?
Linda: I'm nervous about the advertising for the show. I hope it works.
琳达: 我在担心为这个节目所做的广告, 我希望它能管用。
Mike: Come in. Would you like to sit down?
迈克: 进来。想坐一会吗?
Linda: No. I have a lot to do.
琳达: 不, 我还有许多事要做。
Mike: Linda. Sit down. Would you like to talk about it?
迈克: 琳达, 坐下。想谈谈吗?
Linda: No. OK. I'm nervous about "The Weekend Report. "
琳达: 不了。好吧。我担心这个“ 周末报道”。
Mike: Don't worry. You have a good show.
达克: 别担心, 这是个好节目。
Linda: Do you think so?
琳达: 你这么想吗?
Mike: "The Weekend Report" is great.
迈克:“ 周末报道” 非常不错。
Linda: That's what I want to hear.
琳达: 这正是我想听的。